Official Tournament Rules
Ice Castle Classic
February 11, 2017
- The tournament is scheduled for 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm, Saturday, February 11th, 2017. The tournament will be held on Lac Qui Parle Lake. Contestants are discouraged from entering the fishing area prior to 8:00 a.m.
- Should a permit not be issued due to insufficient ice conditions, the prizes will be drawn for. No refunds will be issued.
- The top 50 prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. Any size fish may place in the top 50.
- Each person will be allowed to fish one hole per ticket, two holes maximum. You may register one fish per species, per contestant, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for a competition prize. There is no age requirement on tournament participation.
- All contestants may reserve no more than two holes no earlier than 8:00 a.m. on the day of the tournament.
- All fish entered must be brought to the weigh in area immediately and must be alive. Please bring a bag or bucket. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were caught legally. The decision of the judge is final. All prize winners may be required to take a polygraph exam as a part of the contest requirements. In the event deception is detected or the contestant refuses to take the exam, their prize will be forfeited. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at the time of weigh in.
- All contestants must be in the weigh in line at or before 3:05 p.m. on the day of the contest.
- Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest, and will be required to have their tickets visible at all times. Ticket checks, as well as container inspections will be required.
- Contestants will be allowed to move to unoccupied holes in the contest area. You are allowed to bring as many poles as desired, but cannot use more than one pole per hole at a time. Contestants must use holes provided.
- Entry fee for the tournament is $35.00 for tickets postmarked by 11:59 p.m., December 31. As of 12:00 a.m. January 1, the ticket prices will be $40.00. No refunds will be given for any reason.
- Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times.
- Contestants and holes must be in plain view from all sides at all times. No shelters will be allowed.
- All laws of the state of Minnesota will be abided by.
- Contest and random drawing prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all other incidental or consequential expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Prizes must be claimed within 90 days of notification.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed within 100 yards of the perimeter of the contest, or the contestant will be disqualified. Contest officials and police personnel are the only ones allowed to use motorized vehicles. This includes all atv’s. Handicap accessibility will be accommodated with advanced notice.
- Contestants can park in the areas provided. Watch for signs. Shuttle service begins at 8:00 a.m. There will not be any unauthorized vehicles allowed to parked on the ice. Contestants can exit the tournament area at any time but MUST enter back through one of the official entrance points for the contest to get checked in again.
- All bait fish must be 4” or smaller. Any bait fish over 4” will not be allowed on the ice.
- Coolers and large containers are not allowed. No spears allowed. Heaters, chairs, bait pails, and depth finders are allowed. No licenses sold on the lake. Ice chisels are recommended, as the holes are pre-drilled. The use of power augers is not allowed. No lines allowed in the water before the start of the contest.
- Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects the contestant to disqualification and removal from the competition site, as determined by the contest officials. The right to refuse sale and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
- Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.
- Employees of American Surplus & Mfg. Inc. who participated in the organization and planning of the tournament are ineligible to fish the tournament.
- All contestants and others hereby consent the use of any names, photographs, or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
- Ice Castle Fish Houses thanks you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment, and requests that you remove all garbage, including cigarette butts from the ice when you leave. Glass containers are not allowed in the contest area, and will be confiscated and forfeited to tournament officials. Waste containers are provided.
- All contest updates and information is available on www.icecastleclassic.com. This will be the only website that will have the valid information pertaining to the contest.